For Learning and Development Costs for Senior Managers of Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
The government set up the Leadership and Management Advisory Service (LMAS) to help eligible employers identify and fund development opportunities for their senior leaders.
Funding is available up to the value of £1000 excluding VAT and is dependent on meeting all eligibility criteria. No unmatched grant funding is available.
- Organisations in scope for the service are either private sector businesses or social enterprises which employ 2- 250 full-time employees
- Beneficiaries must be the owner/MD/CEO of a business or social enterprise if it employs 50 people or less
- If the business or social enterprise employs more than 50 people, a beneficiary who reports directly to the owner/MD/CEO can be considered
- Eligible organisations must also be able to demonstrate growth or growth potential
Eligible Funded Learning and Development Areas Include:
- Leadership and management style and skills
- Communication and presentation skills, assertiveness, confidence building and conflict resolution
- Business planning
- People processes including recruitment and selection, team building, roles and responsibilities, performance and people management
- Leading and managing employee performance: for example, coaching skills, motivation, monitoring and reviewing performance, staff development, giving feedback
For more information about this funding in the East of England, East Midlands and West Midlands, visit;
Tel: 0845 894 8969